The carrier of the largest German airline Deutsche Lufthansa AG also known asLufthansa is the second largest airline in Europe, which is in terms of passengers carried. The name of this impeccable airline company is taken from the German word Luftwhich means ‘air’ and Hansaimply for theHanseatic League.The airline is one among the founding members of the renowned Star Alliance.
The headquarters of Lufthansa is located in Colognewhere its primary hub is at the Frankfurt Airport and the secondary hub is located at the Munich Airport. The airline owns many of the subsidiary passenger airlines like the Swiss International Air Lines, Austrian Airlines, Eurowings, Germanwings, and Brussels Airlines. It also owns many of the companies related to aviation like LSG Sky Chefs, Lufthansa Technik, which is a part of Lufthansa Group. Lufthansacomes under the largest airline fleets in the world because it owns over 700 aircraft.
There are many in-flight amenities provided by the airline like:
- Pre-flight shopping:In order to give its passengers a relaxed and quaint shopping pleasure, you can select theirfavorite products from the Lufthansa in-flight shopping product range, which is in advance online and the order will be delivered directly to the flight
- On-board entertainment:To have a jovial experience onboard, the Lufthansa Inflight Entertainment provides its viewers with the latest movies, classics, games and music, where you can enjoy to the fullest because of a lot of variety
- Delectable treat on board:In the first and business class, there are appetizing cuisines served on china which is further accompanied by the award-winning choice of wines. There are menus available on long-haul flights and short and medium haul flights. Passengers on board are availed with complimentary meals and snacks where there are special meals provided for vegetarians, diabetics, passengers with food allergies and people of specific religious faith. The children can also enjoy tasty, colorful and healthy meals.
- FlyNet- on-board Internet:To make its passengers feel connected while flying, the commuters are provided with the broadband Internet access, which is on all of the long-haul aircrafts
- Well-being on board:Lufthansa makes its passengers feel relaxed when they are on board so that they can arrive at their destination feeling well and rested. It is for this reason that the best of entertainment is provided along with special delectable meals. There are seminars provided for relaxed flying where passengers are shown as to what are the causes and also what are the symptoms of fear of flying and then, what can be done to ensure that there is relaxed flight.
- eJournals:The airline offers a vast range of free magazines and newspapers which can be accessed on the website by entering the booking code and name. The free eJournalsare available in different genres and languages where it can be downloaded in a click on the tablet, smartphone, or laptop before the flight takes off so that you will have a reading matter prepared for your trip.